ABOUT USPurpose -- Affiliations -- Leadership Summary -- Pastors
The purpose of Calvary Baptist Church is to glorify God through
Christ-exalting worship, Bible-based evangelism, and Holy Spirit-led service.
We are an independent Baptist Church. We maintain a close fellowship with a number of local churches with whom we share a deep affinity in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Arizona Association of Regular Baptist Churches is an association of like-minded churches with whom we fellowship. The AARBC is a voluntary association of independent Baptist Churches that hold to the fundamentals of the faith and work together for the glory of the Lord! Calvary Baptist Church enjoys fellowship with the churches that make up this association.
When doctrinally sound, like-minded churches partner, they can make great strides in glorifying God in global evangelism. The AARBC provides churches with services and a ministry network to aid in the pursuit of the Great Commission.
Please review our Articles of Faith which highlights the doctrinal position of Calvary Baptist Church. The following are the actual practices at Calvary Baptist Church in regards to church leadership and administration.
- Church officers are nominated by the congregation and are elected annually.
- Church budgets are developed by pastors, deacons, and treasurer with inputs from ministry heads.
- Church budget is reviewed and approved by the congregation at an annual business meeting.
- Monthly financial reports are reviewed by pastors and deacons. (These are available to members)
- Quarterly financial reports are reviewed by the congregation at business meetings. Reports are distributed to all meeting attendees. These reports show the exact amount expensed in each of the varying accounts for which funds had been budgeted. Hard copies are made available to the congregation.
- Roberts Rules of Parliamentary Order is strictly observed during business meetings.
- Business meetings are chaired by either the senior pastor or the chairman of the deacons, depending on the topic.
- Treasurer’s disbursement functions are separated from the Financial Secretary’s (income tabulation) function.
- Check signature authority lies in the hands of the treasurer. Deacons are available for signing when needed.
It is our endeavor to be above board in all our administrative functions. A biblical relationship exists among the pastors and deacons in which the pastors are able to exhibit spiritual guidance and leadership oversight over all church functions. We always endeavor to honor the Lord by doing all things decently and in order. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Pastor Dave Swope
Pastor Swope trusted Christ as his personal Savior and his only means to salvation at a young age. God revealed to him His unquestionable and inescapable call to full-time vocational ministry at the age of fourteen. Unable to deny what God had for him he surrendered his life to God’s service
by answering His call with, “here am I Lord, send me.” Pastor Swope is convinced that he cannot do anything but what God has called him to do. Both Pastor Swope and his wife are graduates of Faith Baptist Bible College. Pastor Swope says, “the Lord continues to amaze me in the ways He has orchestrated so many events and happenings in my life to continually train and prepare me to this day. What a great God we serve!” Along with many different past experiences, Pastor Swope was a five-year veteran officer of the Polk County, IA Sheriff’s Office. He has been the Assistant Pastor to youth, Interim Pastor, and now the Senior Pastor at Calvary Baptist Church.
He enjoys the outdoors, camping, hiking, big game hunting, fishing, archery, playing sports, and being with his family. He and his wife, Alyson, together have four children.
Pastor Kris England
Pastor England was called by the congregation and installed as assistant pastor in the Spring of 2018. He was ordained to the gospel ministry by Calvary on February 2, 2020. We are delighted to have him as part of the congregation.
Born in Illinois, Pastor England grew up as the son of a pastor/farmer. As a young person, Pastor England placed his faith in Jesus Christ to save him from his sins. Convinced that he must serve the Lord, he enrolled in Bible college where he dedicated his life to serving his Savior. Pastor England says his call to ministry is summed up in Romans 10:13-15: “For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved. How then will they call upon him in whom they have not believed? And how will they believe in him about whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without one who preaches to them? And how will they preach, unless they are sent?” Pastor England and his wife are graduates of Faith Baptist Bible College & Theological Seminary. They have three children.
Pastor England enjoys family time, sports, pizza, and ice cream.